Welcome. In this section of my website, I want to inspire and teach about
It’s writing that positions you and your company as a leader in your field because of the clarity or originality of your ideas.
Market leaders are ahead in the race to sell products or services: Thought leaders are those individuals and companies who are ahead in the race to establish ideas.
Instead of waiting to see the shape of the future, thought leaders actively mold it by articulating what is new, different and important, and doing so in a way that is engaging.
In short, thought leaders are able to turn complex ideas into compelling stories.
What makes you a thought leader?
What makes good thought leadership writing?
- Natural, smooth and journalistic
- Focused on solving a problem or explaining an issue
Thought leadership writing should:
- Identify big issues
- Take a fresh perspective
- Offer an opposing point of view
- Introduce new aspects to a known subject
What characterizes a thought leader?
- Think conceptually
- Explain visually
- Simplify the complex
- Entertain with stories
- Read and think widely
The secret sauce for thought-leadership writing:
It’s all in the story angle
Understanding thought-leadership writing is one thing.
Doing it, and doing it well, is another.
How do you quickly attract people to your idea and engage the reader? How do you find the right point of view?
Simply put: You’ve got to think like a journalist and find the right story angle.
That process is called story framing.
When a story is framed well, sophisticated readers will gladly hear what you have to say.
Rhea's Thought-leadership Related Services
Story angle research
Story framing (e.g. Storyline consulting)
Top-level interviewing of all types
Thought-leadership Writing Clips
Types of clips:
- Whitepapers and studies written from proprietary research
- Edited and re-written whitepapers and studies
- Ghosted blogs for senior leadership
- Ghosted magazine articles
- Aerospace industry trends
- Building Information Modelling
- Blockchain in financial services
- Anti-money laundering
- Model validation at banks
- The future for banking CFOs